Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Toofan/Thoofan Review.

                                            I'm starting my blog with a movie review as I saw the movie just yesterday and loved Ram Charan in it and in the wake of ohh so many fake and senseless reviews about the film, I wanted to share my views.

Well, I am not a pro at writing or at english, so excuse me for any grammatical errors.I'm not writing the story here.There's nothing much to write about that.Anyway, Here it goes:

                                  Toofan/ Thoofan Review

Analysis: The thing about this movie Toofan/Zanjeer is that it is not cinematic/dramatic, by this I mean to say it's full of action and there are no pauses to anything to stand up and applaud and too much must have been edited.One thing I loved about the movie is that even though the script was not effective, the actors performances in the movie are commendable like those of Ramcharan who improvised a lot post marriage and Priyanka Chopra who plays the chirpy NRI girl who did her part very well (Most people thought she was over the top but I found her really great & correct) , an actress who excels at what she does and other actors like Tanikella Bharani who has few very good dialogues ,Mahi Gill who fits into the role perfectly with her enchanting eyes & daring risque dialogues (I'm not saying she is too beautiful ,but I liked her acting since I watched 'Not a Love Story') and Srihari who seems to have worked hard on his role .I din't like Prakash Raj , Infact when ever he appeared on the screen , I felt like taking my eyes away from the screen, I don't know why but I din't find his role powerful or strong , he looked more like a buffoon to me and whenever he was shown romancing ( If you can call it that)Mahi Gill , I was like yukk! 

                                                       On the other hand I loved the pairing of Ram Charan and Priyanka Chopra who are both fit as a fiddle and gave such impressive performances.Piggy chops din't have much acting to do though, She was just there to glam up and not even their love/romance is much shown nor there is any courting(She falls for him easily :o).There is no comedy in the movie( I remember laughing for 2-3 scenes ,that's all) but If you love watching hardcore police flicks with lots of action and no nonsense at all, this one's for you.I loved the first half of the movie very much and the second half is also okay.All the fuss about poor ratings for this movie, I don't get it.Over all I loved it and would watch it again If i got a chance and If you ask him why I would say it is the charm of RamCharan and the film is also entertaining enough.Charan was awesome.I never liked his acting this much before (By now you must know that I'm a fan).Srihari & charan are shown playing a video game with joysticks( how they became friends isn't firmly established, more scenes with them would have helped).

The movie has really good dialogues( Wish there were more.The film provides enough Oomph factor /titillating factor with girls drenched in oil making sensuous movements when the names are rolling in the intro song (Loved the James bond-ish style taking of it) of the flick and the pinky song, Mumbai ke hero song and Mahi gill ofcourse stealing the show.I loved Priyanka's uber cool costumes in the flick; all her bandage tight dresses , pants etc.The pace of the movie is really good ,not boring at even a single instance and to the point.The Climax wasn't satisfying enough for me (Maybe I wanted more gore.:P) and I found the film short.What ever may be the fate of this film, Ram charan stole the show with his powerful and dynamic performance, for those who love cop dramas ,THIS shoudn't be missed.

Final word: I loved Handsome Charan Police.<3
P.S: I din't watch the original Zanjeer and don't intend to either( I'll stick to seeing my generation films!) And this is what happens when an amateur tries her hand at reviewing :p, it becomes so lengthy but I wanted to present my points other than what is found in other reviews like technical aspects or the story.

What I loved in the film:
1.Charan (Absolutely)
2.There is no degradation of heroine role ( No camera wastes time in showing her in a sexy way or whatever)
3.No heroism just pure , entertaining action.
4.Good performance by ''everyone'' except Prakash Raj(some other villian would've helped!)
5.Fast pace.
6.Piggy Chops( Adorable, dynamic, fit NRI beautiful girl) & Srihari.
7.Glamour Quotient
8.Mumbai ke hero song.I loved the singer's voice! (So Macho :P)

Reasons why the film failed:
1.Bad/False Reviews (I wanna slap their jealous faces!)
2.No comedy.No dances.
3.The Backround score isn't apt for the scenes and not effective(Like the ragupati raghava raja ram thing that plays when he fights wasn't catchy or impressive and when prakash raj enters , the music was so funny, so old school)
4.All fights, no romance (The songs come and go for no reason just because they have to be there and also the fast pace doesn't let you to think or enjoy ,so it could be a minus too)
5.The movie was made for hindi audience ( How can telugu relate to the hero's mom in her way of dressing and songs which have those dubbed lyrics which are not worth remembering ).
6.The pace & style of making will have admirers like me only and may not attract mass audience.
7.There is no surprise element in the movie, it is so predictable and no sentiment is thrown in like when Tanikella Bharani dies no one sheds a tear or no revolt sort of a thing is shown by media although he is shown as a hardworking, intelligent journalist.
8.The above points are the same for Zanjeer too and to add one more , ''when did North Indians approve of south Indian stars except Rajnikanth who they had to accept by default and the rest of them are just dark skinned, overacting, riding on emotions ''Madrassis'' for them!

My Rating: 4/5 ( Must watch)

Thanks for reading.BTW If you have any contradicting views with mine , you can keep them with yourself, don't spam me and MYOB!


-Kavya Seetala.

No comments:

Post a Comment